What is THRIVE & how can it help my family?
THRIVE was developed out of my passion for helping children flourish, my love of interpersonal neurobiology and child development, and my desire to support new parents.
I started my career as a clinician but realized my mission was prevention and education. I did not read about pathology. On my free time, I read about family dynamics and human development-yes, for fun! I am now a Certified Ways of Seeing Practitioner and am super grateful to be doing this work! THRIVE focuses on helping families function at their healthiest, keeping attachment, mindfulness, and self-awareness in mind.
What Can You Expect After Our Work Together?
- You will be given accurate, science based and developmentally appropriate information to make an informed decision about what you feel is the best fit for your family
- You will learn how your own self-awareness and self-acceptance have a direct impact on healthy attachment and parenting
- You will be given tools to help you better understand your child’s nonverbal communication (behavior), allowing you to set attuned interventions that will allow your child to feel and be successful
- You will be supported to become more self-assured and intentional when dealing with common parenting issues
- You will add to your problem-solving and coping skill toolbox for unexpected parenting challenges, even after we had completed our work together.
- As needed, you will have access to education, resources and professional referrals related to attachment theory, interpersonal neurobiology, child development, behavior challenges, adoption, individual or family counseling, special needs, mental health and psychiatric services, and more.
What Can Your Child Expect After Our Work Together?
- Sense of feeling seen and heard, an innate need we all have to develop a healthy sense of self
- Increased body awareness, allowing him/her to better understand how his/her body is feeling and cope with those feelings
- Ability to use a toolbox of coping skills that uniquely fit his/her personality and needs
- Will know that you understand him/her, helping him/her trust and follow through with your words
- Feel safer in his/her body and mind, allowing him/her to be more successful with his/her communication/behavior
- Increased self and social awareness
- Better frustration tolerance and impulse control