The Millette Method™ Pediatric Sleep Consultant Program is the most comprehensive, evidence-based training program for pediatric sleep consultants in the US. The program requires 2 years of training one on one with program developer and founder Dr. Angelique Millette. The Millette Method™ Pediatric Sleep Consultant Program is the only program in the country that requires that all enrolled practitioners have an MA, MS, PhD, or PsyD and also Lactation Educator training. All of the practitioners have a background in Child Development, Family Systems Approach, Infant Mental Health, Perinatal Mental Health including Postpartum Depression, Anxiety, and Insomnia, Lactation Education and/or Consulting, and Counseling.
Developed over 20 years by sleep researcher, sleep consultant, and child therapist Dr. Angelique Millette, The Millette Method™ is an evidence-based family sleep approach informed by scientific research in child development, resiliency, sleep science, lactation, perinatal mental health, attachment, culture, neuropsychology, and family systems. The Millette Method™ practitioners believe that families do best if sleep methods are in line with their parenting philosophy. Millette Method™ practitioners also take into account developmental windows, regressions, child temperament, feeding method, attachment, history, degree of sleep deprivation, and sleeping arrangement. The Millette Method™ practitioners are selected by Dr. Millette to be a part of the team because of their specific contributions to the fields of family systems, child development, counseling, psychology, education, lactation, attachment, health/wellness, and sleep.
The Millette Method™ Sleep Consultants:
- Must have an MA, MS, PhD, PsyD in Child Development, Clinical Psychology, Counseling
- Must be trained as a Lactation Educator or Consultant
- 2 Year Training Program (Infant/Toddler/Child Sleep)
- Continued case presentation and education
- Comfortable working with a toolbox of sleep methods including parent checking, parent proximity, bedtime fading, schedule changes, and no-low cry method
- Comfortable working with a range of sleep arrangements and parenting philosophies
- Comfortable working with families with a culturally sensitive perspective
- Work in collaboration with parents, pediatrician, lactation consultants, feeding specialists, sleep disorders clinics, physical and occupational therapists, and other practitioners and doctors
- Provide lectures to nationally and internationally recognized parenting and professional organizations
- Write editorial content for various peer-reviewed scientific journals, parenting blogs, websites, magazines, contributions to various sleep and parenting books, videos, PSA’s
- Develop professional guidelines and standard of care for safe sleep interventions that take into account the most recent science from a range of disciplines and fields
- Develop standard of care both nationally and internationally for families based on newest science from a range of disciplines and fields both nationally and internationally
- Consult to Fortune 500 companies, non-profit agencies, military, government agencies, hospitals, daycares, schools, and universities